Recipes/Cookies - Chocolate Chip
- Baking soda - 1 tsp
- Butter, softened - 1 cup (2 sticks)
- Chopped nuts (optional) - 1 cup
- Dark brown sugar - 3/4 cup packed
- Eggs - 2 large
- Flour - 2 1/4 cups
- Granulated sugar - 3/4 cup
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips - 2 cups
- Vanilla - 1 tbsp
- Preheat oven to 350 degF.
- Cream butter and sugars together.
- Add eggs, baking soda, salt, and vanilla mix until smooth. Do not beat eggs more than necessary
- Mix in flour and chocolate chips.
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from cookie sheet after 2 minutes.
- Store in sealed container while still warm to keep moist.
Makes about 4-5 dozen cookies.
To make M&M cookies, substitute them for the chocolate chips.